Bluelight Admin and Senior Staff Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minutes from AIM Meeting Created 07142011

+4
TLB
n3ophy7e
Cane2theLeft
purplefirefly
8 posters

Go down

Minutes from AIM Meeting Created 07142011 Empty Minutes from AIM Meeting Created 07142011

Post  purplefirefly Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:09 pm

* purple_cloud situation resolved between Cane and purple_cloud, p_c will remain on as a mod and cane as sr mod until the new sr mods are brought on. No further action is required from staff at this time

* Admins should compile a standardized procedure/expectations for removing a moderator. Dokomo will be drafting the procedure and will present to the admin group to review and discuss

* 3 new sr mods will be brought in. Reasons for selecting or not selecting certain individuals will take place in the sr staff forum once BL is back up and running. Admin votes are represented below:
CH
phrozen Y
Dokomo N
Cane N
Ocean N
PFF N
n3o Maybe
TLB N

Swerlz
phrozen Y
Dokomo Y
Cane Maybe
Ocean Maybe
PFF N
n3o N
TLB N

NT
phrozen Y
Dokomo Y
Cane Y
Ocean N
PFF Y
n3o Y
TLB -(abstain)

Papa
phrozen N
Dokomo N
Cane N
Ocean N
PFF N
n3o N
TLB N

Dave
phrozen N
Dokomo N
Cane Maybe
Ocean Y
PFF Y
n3o Y
TLB Maybe

JJ
phrozen N
Dokomo N
Cane N
Ocean N
PFF N
n3o N
TLB N

Mugz
phrozen N
Dokomo N
Cane N
Ocean N
PFF N
n3o N
TLB Maybe

Vader
phrozen N
Dokomo Y
Cane Y
Ocean Maybe
PFF Y
n3o Y
TLB On conditional name change (Maybe)

*Discussion of nudging some female mods for the sr mod position occurred but it was decided that there weren't viable candidates for the position at the time, most of them being too new to the staff

*Dokomo, ocean, and pff would like to set up subsequent and regular admin online meetings in the future, a written agenda should be compiled beforehand to help keep the meeting on track

Last edited by TLB on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding my votes - n3o)

purplefirefly

Back to top Go down

Minutes from AIM Meeting Created 07142011 Empty Re: Minutes from AIM Meeting Created 07142011

Post  purplefirefly Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Please use the space below to ask any questions of bring forth any information that should be included.

Agenda Topics:
  • TLB - What to present at public speaking events, ie "What message do we wish to send?"
    There is the EGA in AUS (Dec 2-5) where hoptis and Tronica intend to present for an hour, and there is the MAPS 25th Anniversary in San Francisco, California (DEC 12?) where SG and TLB intend to present for ~4 hrs. As hoptis and Tronica intend to meet this weekend and discuss possible material, it would be good to have some key points from the site's perspective on the table. Presenters can focus on one topic, or a few, as appropriate for the audience at any such presentation, but we ought to have a good grasp of that list of topics we wish to drive overall.

• TLB - Getting additional engineer help
    Obviously chris provided massive help to get the site foundation set, and hoptis continues that great effort, we've seen Chris step down and know the liability of only one engineer at the helm. How to we identify and develop proper engineering help to sustain us going forward? It has been suggested to get some current staff with the skills and-or interest, and turn them loose within TL. Use it as a training ground for Jr. Engineer types to develop their talent, our trust in them, and whatever add-ons or hacks we wish to trial on TL before setting loose upon the public.

• TLB - Beefing up our DS content and staff
    I've said before, Tronica is the main workhorse there (and she's willing to take on the EGA and deal with hoptis at the same time, so SG and I are discussing how to give her the opportunity-responsibility of further developing the DS content. As a starter, we need to set up a portal similar to the 'Contact Us' for Researchers - some kind of dedicated, easy to find, splash-interaction page so they don't have to hunt through 50 forums. There is a second mod for DS currently, nuke, who is maybe quarter-assed (not even half-assed) in their effort - they state (available in the modthread) a desire for support to take the forum in more directions, but there is no follow thru by anyone else (me, Tronica) to build that....and by the same token, no real effort by nuke. I don't necessarily see getting rid of her, but I don't see what she's bringing either. For us to give Tronica the additional responsiblity-opportunity, she's going to need some serious help in getting a portal set up, answering the gmail inquiries it generates, maintaining the forum content (which leads to a lot of email follow up with researchers and posters for current threads), and brainstorming-implementing how to get us more visible, more useful, etc.

• TLB - Wiki development, and more importantly getting it accessible, USED ACROSS THE SITE, and known to the world wide web as a touchstone resource.

• TLB - Census data and the Inflexxion Survey
    The survey itself will be in rough draft in AUG-SEP, but we can start now on 'what would WE want in it?'.

• TLB - TDS (and other DD-FF-RegionalDD forums) Crisis support

• TLB - Other sites (competition vs partners vs other)
    We need to know where we stand in comparison to other sites, and which can help us, which can compete (so we learn to improve by 'beating them' at certain things). As a simple starting point, getting a project running of a team who either already visit such sites or are willing to invest some research time, then start listing what attributes work for them, and which don't, and of those what should we consider adopting or avoiding. Then evaluate if we should try to form a stronger relationship with them (ie, shared links, occasional banners, inclusion in our google co-op search...and advertising that fact).

EDIT by TLB - listed in order of importance in my mind, open to editing or additions by anyone.

purplefirefly

Back to top Go down

Minutes from AIM Meeting Created 07142011 Empty Re: Minutes from AIM Meeting Created 07142011

Post  Cane2theLeft Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Motion to make pff the permanent secretary (NOT administrative assistant) - all in favor say aye

phrozen
Dokomo
Cane
Ocean
PFF aye
n3o
TLB Oy

Cane2theLeft

Back to top Go down

Post  purplefirefly Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:50 pm

I don't mind taking the role.

Tentative dates for next Admin Aim meeting, I propose that we meet 10:00 PM US EST:

Thursday, July 21, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
Saturday, July 23, 2011

Please post the date that works best for you or propose a new date. Please do the same with the time if you don't feel this time would work.

purplefirefly

Back to top Go down

Post  n3ophy7e Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:42 am

For me it would have to be Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd July, as I will be at work when it's Thursday evening for you guys.

Oh and Reed, why you no vote for any of the smod candidates??

n3ophy7e

Back to top Go down

Post  TLB Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 am

Late at night (10 PM EST) works best for me on FRI or SAT so I don't have to get up for FRI being dumb headed and sleepy. Fwiw, JUL 22 or 23 are very good for me as the wife will be out of town for the weekend Smile

I voted MAYBE on some of the smods, there was nobody that set my heart aflutter, tbh. And, I thought it was odd to collect admin votes on something the smods vote on as well...but can't just yet. 🤷

TLB

Back to top Go down

Post  Cane2theLeft Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:38 am

I work both Friday and Saturday nights next week - I can use the meebo website, does anyone know if that allows you to group chat? I might be available briefly at 10 EST either night but if the chat is extended, I'll have to cut out early (this is of course assuming that the meebo website allows you to group chat).

It was mentioned that the Beejive app allows you to chat on iPhone and if this is true of BlackBerry as well, I could download that app so that's another option.

Cane2theLeft

Back to top Go down

Post  purplefirefly Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:51 am

Meebo allows group chat, I'm 99.9% sure of that.

It's so annoying that mobile group chatting seems fucking impossible. I haven't been able to get it going on my droid. Very annoying.

purplefirefly

Back to top Go down

Post  Cane2theLeft Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 am

^ it looks like Beejive allows group chat on android devices, iPhones and BlackBerry's.

Cane2theLeft

Back to top Go down

Post  purplefirefly Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Cane2theLeft wrote:^ it looks like Beejive allows group chat on android devices, iPhones and BlackBerry's.

Sweet!! Checking it out now Smile

purplefirefly

Back to top Go down

Post  TLB Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:01 pm

I failed with IMO, then loaded Meebo and failed, for yesterday. FYI.

I'm still looking for 'free' apps, and see that BeejiveIM is $5....they also have a BeejiveGT (Google Talk) for free, but I didn't check if it does multi-chat (nor have I imported my AIM list to Google).

EDIT - bah, fail for multi-chat = http://www.beejive.com/iphone/gtalk/ (get what you pay for with free)

TLB

Back to top Go down

Post  phrozen Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Thursday isn't good for anyone?

phrozen

Back to top Go down

Post  n3ophy7e Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:14 am

^^ It appears not...

TLB wrote:And, I thought it was odd to collect admin votes on something the smods vote on as well...but can't just yet. 🤷
That is a good point actually! Very Happy
I suspect we will do the proper poll voting once the site is back online....no?

n3ophy7e

Back to top Go down

Post  ocean Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:20 am

I'll be at work at that time Thursday.
I'm off both Fri and Sat. Either would be fine.

ocean

Back to top Go down

Post  purplefirefly Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:27 am

It looks like Friday or Saturday will work for most. I am unsure if I will be able to attend on either of those days. We'll see though.

Are there specific topics that anyone would like to discuss? Currently there is no agenda established for this meeting so it seems it may be more of a social gathering and morale booster at this point.

Please post here any specific things you would like to see addressed.

purplefirefly

Back to top Go down

Post  dokomo Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 am

^I could do it friday or saturday. Once everyone has chimed in and a date is finalized, do post it here and let us know.

dokomo

Back to top Go down

Post  TLB Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:56 am

Friday please, as that will be Saturday AM for hoptis, and we can get some thoughts out there for EGA presentation prior to his dinner with Tronica Saturday night AUS time. The only ones screwed by a Fri nite (US) and Sat morn (AUS) would be our EU people. I expect Chris is out for good at this point, and I'm not sure this would inconvenience anyone else.

I've edited post #2 to list some topics for discussion. I'm all for social chat, as people need that, but we can address some of these topics at anytime, and anytime could be now rather than later*. I'll put special attention, please, on the Presentation Content for speakers. Beyond that, tackle as much or little as people wish to address before getting high or just rambling on.

*The recurring theme that's been in my head for over a month thanks to you lot (to include our engineers and sr mods) is that we need to kill Bluelight Time. The motto I keep hearing in the collective voice is "Get Shit Done", beyond dreaming or just talking....GET SHIT DONE. I thank you all for that, it's helping me offline as well. I wish to encourage this mindset for all staff.

TLB

Back to top Go down

Post  ocean Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:56 pm

I work tomorrow Sad
3-10 pacific time.
Let me know if we;re doing this before then and I'll be there- Oh, an I'd need to do it at LEAST an hour before b/c it takes 30 mins to get to my work and I will need to get ready too Smile
Looks forward to the chat.

ocean

Back to top Go down

Post  ocean Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Any idea on a time today?

ocean

Back to top Go down

Post  TLB Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:03 pm

It was proposed for this Thur-Fri-Sat at 10PM EST. It is my intent to be on tonight around 10 PM and I've sent SG word to join us if he can.

That said, I haven't seen much response, so it may be slim picking tonight. I will also intend to be on tomorrow night...most of the night, so we can try again then if need be.

TLB

Back to top Go down

Post  Cane2theLeft Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:09 pm

I'll try to get on as well - I'm at work so it depends how busy I am. I'll try to jump on aim shortly.

Cane2theLeft

Back to top Go down

Post  dokomo Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm online on AIM and should be online for the next several hours as well.

dokomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 pm

I made an aim chatroom called bluelightadminchat

Feel free to join whenever you've logged on.

Admin
Admin

https://brokelight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down